New announcements are coming out daily regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic – but the most important thing we want you to know from The Surgery Center at Easton is that we are committed to taking the necessary steps to keep our patients, our employees and our community healthy and safe.
- We are actively reassessing the need for surgeries that were previously postponed due to Ohio Department of Health orders. Every procedure is carefully reviewed by our medical team to determine appropriateness. You will hear directly from your physician’s office if your surgery/procedure can be rescheduled.
- At this time, we are NOT allowing any visitors (including family members) inside our facility. We are asking those accompanying patients to their procedure to please remain outside of the facility, in their vehicles. Our physicians are calling family members or other support persons when procedures are completed to provide updates and follow-up information. The only exceptions to this policy include 1) limited access to support Total Joint Replacement patients during physical therapy instruction and 2) minors may be accompanied by one adult guardian.
- Every single person will be screened prior to entering our facility – including employees, patients and all vendors. This screening includes a signed consent, followed by a temperature check and a series of questions around critical risk factors. If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please contact your physician’s office ahead of your procedure date. For a list of COVID-19 symptoms, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- Employees, patients and vendors will be required to wear a cloth face covering or face mask within the facility, per the most recent guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. We encourage you to wear your own face covering or mask to help us conserve our supply, but if you arrive without a covering, we will provide one.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitized environment is always our priority, but we have increased these measures to include hourly cleaning of all high touch areas (door knobs, light switches, counters, etc.) and deep cleaning three times daily of lobby and patient care areas. We are also conducting daily inventory of cleaning essentials and personal protective equipment.
If you have concerns or questions about your procedure or surgery, please call us. It is always our privilege to care for those who need us – and we will continue to do so while adhering to all federal and state recommendations, guidelines and orders. For more information about COVID-19 and the most current guidelines, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Ohio Department of Health sites.