COVID-19 Alert: The health and safety of our patients and staff is our greatest priority. We continue to closely observe state and federal recommendations and orders – which includes: Assessing the appropriateness of all procedures, Asking all family/friends to wait outside facility (with few exceptions), Enhanced screening measures, and Increased sanitation measures. Review all COVID-19 updates here.
Columbus, OH 43219
Position Summary: This position is responsible for preparing instruments and supplies to perform the procedure according to the physician’s documented preferred routine for that procedure, as well as preparing the operating field for the procedure.
1. Supports the philosophy, mission, employee code of conduct, goals, and objectives of the
Surgery Center at Easton.
2. Contributes to the progress and development of the Organization’s adopted Quality
3. Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
4. Maintains professional competence by participating in continuing education and other learning experiences.
5. Adheres to safety and environment of care policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
6. Performs specified functions to meet the requirements of each procedure approved for the
7. Performs functions following principles of aseptic technique and prescribed operating room procedures.
8. Correctly utilizes, cares for, cleans and sterilizes instruments, supplies and equipment as directed.
9. Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician.
10. Adheres to the sterilization process policies and procedures.
11. Correctly operates sterilizers, ultrasonic washer and other equipment for processing items.
12. Maintains inventory levels and accurate records.
13. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate care for patients of various age groups.
14. Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator.
Education, Experience, and Certification/Licensure Required:
• A high school diploma/GED required.
• Operating room technician training required (Surgical technician course or Facility staff development program for operating room technicians).
Operating room experience strongly preferred.